Friday, April 3, 2009

Astrological Markers in the Natal Chart of a Conspiracy Theorist: Are we Really Fear Mongers?

By
Kat Starwolf



Dear Readers: we haven’t forgotten you or the AOC blog. So many things have happened since our last entry, that it’s been difficult for either of us to focus on much of anything other than life.

However, a comment made by a friend recently, prompted me to respond via the blog regarding the issue of fear mongering, especially as that relates to conspiracy theories. Is that truly what we are doing by publishing this blog, I wondered? Are we actually fomenting fear?

After a news piece was forwarded to me by the above mentioned friend regarding an issue that will inevitably affect everyone on the planet, and I responded to this friend that it was time we all awakened to what is really going on and do something about it, my friend informed me that we ‘should imagine a good outcome, and not be afraid because that is what is attracting all the bad’ outcomes we tend to experience. While I agree with this to an extent (at least as far as fear attracting a negative outcome), I feel that something more is needed than merely ‘imagination’ to ensure that we, our children and our grandchildren have a safe, wholesome planet on which to live.

Another friend stated that I always see the best in everyone and in every situation, while she tended to see shadows, even in the Light. Although this statement seems to contradict the previous statement of me being a fear monger, I still wondered, was this true? Am I blinded to the true nature of humans? After quite a bit of deliberation, what I determined is that while it certainly might appear that way to some, the fact is, I’m very well aware of the extremes of human nature and that humans are more than capable of being both benevolent and malevolent. So while I do tend to favor the positive nature of humans, I am also cognizant of their darker side, as well. And this quality, in my opinion, allows me to look at both sides of an issue in order to determine its validity or lack thereof.

Along these same lines, I had a falling out with a dear friend a couple of years ago, mainly around the belief that ‘we create our own reality.’ I insisted that my experience was that all of us actually create the environments which cause either positive or negative situations to manifest. And because I also believe in reincarnation, this includes babies as well, since I believe that we write our own ‘script’ before we come into each incarnation; I still believe this. However, my ‘we create our own reality’ mentality is not based on some airy-fairy, baseless or dogmatic belief system. It’s based on the human psychological and emotional nature. I believe that whatever it is on which we focus our attention, generally manifests. As I stated on Amazon.com in my review of the book, The Law of Attraction,

[If] we desire something that to many would seem impossible, we think about having it, and if we think long and hard enough, eventually (if not sooner) we find a way of manifesting whatever it is we so strongly desire into existence. As the saying goes, a house begins as a fleeting thought, then becomes an idea, eventually makes its way to a blueprint, and ultimately finds expression in being `manifested' or constructed out of tangible, material substance. Yet, it began as a mere thought, a desire… If we choose negative thoughts, we will reap a negative outcome. If we are positive in our intent, we reap positive benefits.

In other words, in order to create our own reality, more is needed than just meditating on or imagining a positive outcome; it stands to reason that it is also necessary to take action if we wish to see our imagination – which eventually turns to continued constructive thought – also come to substantial fruition. Those of you who believe in the God of the Bible are undoubtedly familiar with the saying that God helps those who help themselves. Whatever it is that God/dess or the gods help us with, requires more than imagination; it often requires literal, physical work on our part.

I do not believe that sitting back and doing nothing other than ‘imagining’ a positive outcome, will elicit the outcome we desire. Whatever that might be. I, further, do not believe that we will ever effect the changes that Gandhi spoke of when he said, “Be the change you wish to see in the world” without actually doing something tangible and constructive to effect that change. The fact is, the word ‘change’ implies taking action. We can not effect any change whatsoever unless we move. And moving means that it is necessary to actually do something. And, from what I’ve experienced and seen, movement requires doing something positive if we wish to have a positive affect on others.

Additionally, in my opinion, that means making an attempt to determine as much of the truth of what is really going on in the world, and when we feel that that goal has been accomplished, passing on the information which is uncovered to those who may benefit.

Still, I wondered, am I a Henny Penny? An alarmist who only wishes to create fear? I really don’t feel that way. But since I am the one who initiated this subject I thought a good way to determine whether or not this is true is to share the ‘blueprint’ of my astrological chart.


Astrological Markers in the Natal Chart and Conspiracy Theories

What does the astrological natal chart of a conspiracy theorist look like? Are there specific markers that are prevalent in the charts of those who ‘see shadows where there are none’? Are those who are attracted to or ‘spread’ conspiracy theories more prone to fantasy than others? In my opinion, if there is such a marker in the natal chart, it seems it would have to consist of specific planets such as the Moon, Neptune and Pluto in either or both the 8th or the 12th Houses.


While I can’t speak for Melody, I can speak for myself in this regard. So, yes, according to my own criteria, and based on my own astrological natal chart, I might be considered a ‘conspiracy theorist.’

But am I really a conspiracy theorist? I don’t believe so. While I will admit that I do tend to think outside the proverbial box, I am also well aware that many of the conspiracy theories that have been promulgated over the last 50 or so years may likely be fictitious. Regardless, let’s take a more in-depth look at my natal chart.



For those of you who are unfamiliar with astrology and might not be able to read the above chart, I was born August 16, 1955 at 6:32 a.m. in San Diego, California, USA. That gives me a Leo Sun, a Leo Moon and a Leo Ascendant. In fact, I have 6 planets plus my Ascendant in Leo, which is a fire sign. Fire signs can be quite passionate in their undertakings, especially Leos. But does having so many planets in Leo cause one to see things that aren’t there? Not generally. Yes, we can be egotistical and exaggerate or embellish the truth especially to gain the approval of others (we’re really just big pussy cats, and want everyone to like us). Still, being a fire sign does not usually cause one to have an active imagination to the point that they turn into alarmists for no apparent reason.

However, while the Sun rules my chart, I also have 6 planets (including Uranus in Cancer) in the 12th house, which is ruled by the planet Neptune and the Zodiacal sign, Pisces and is a water house. Therefore, my secondary planetary ruler is Neptune, with Pisces as my secondary sign ruler. Neptune rules spirituality, higher consciousness, empathy, dreams and compassion among many things. But Neptune (and Pisces) also tends to obscure, distort or make things fuzzy or hazy. Consequently, it is very possible that someone with so many planets in the 12th house – especially the Moon and/or Neptune – could conceivably misread what they see or hear.

Do I do that? I’m sure I’ve been known to see things no one else could see many times, as have many others who have no planets in the 12th or 8th houses. But three of my ‘saving graces,’ (if they can be called such) in this regard are 1) my Sun and other planets in Leo, which is known for its desire for truth (and no, that’s not contradictory) and its organizational ability; 2) my Mercury (communication and intellect) in Virgo, which is known for its practical, methodical and precise manner, and 3) my Saturn (restriction, structure, discipline) in Scorpio which is square or at a challenging aspect to all my 12th house planets, essentially keeping everything in check or balance. What this means is that I am not only a perfectionist with everything I do (not perfect, mind you, just a stickler for perfection), but I want to make sure that the information I pass along is as truthful, well documented and accurate as possible. This doesn’t always mean that I’ll obtain that goal, but I will do my best.

As for passing on only ‘positive’ information…unfortunately, not everything I feel the Public needs to know is positive, just by its very nature. However, the end result should be.


Are the Actions I am Taking Conducive to a Positive Outcome?

To many, the word ‘positive’ is relative and can and usually does have various meanings. One person’s ‘positive,’ might be another’s ‘negative. However, most of us would agree that if we wish the outcome to be successful, we all must take into consideration whether what we are doing will generate a positive response from a maximum number of individuals.

Granted, there are times when, although we have the best of intentions at heart, the outcome is not or never could be positive. Still, I find it difficult to say nothing when I come across information that could cause not only potential harm if others are not made aware of it, but has demonstrated that it has already done so.

I think Melody and I both knew when we began this blog, that we might draw fire from those who live to debunk conspiracy theories and theorists. Yet, as the masthead states, our reasons for undertaking this project were to make an attempt to separate fact from fiction. You’ll get no argument from me that many of these conspiracy theories are fiction. And more than likely planted fiction. However, what is more chilling (at least to me), is the fact that so many of the most horrific theories might actually be fact. And from the research I’ve conducted over the years, many of the conspiracy theories have taken on substantial, monstrous, factual form.

What I’ve come to learn is that when a so-called ‘conspiracy theory’ proliferates and refuses to go away, there’s usually (at least) some truth to it. Especially in the case of such conspiracy theories which are exposed by whistle blowers who feel that the Public not only has a right to know, but that knowing would save our collective lives, even when blowing the whistle not only puts their own life in danger, but actually causes them to lose their life.

Melodramatic, some might say, but when one’s own life or the lives of their children and grandchildren hang in the balance, melodrama is generally an understated and quite moot point.

I suppose what I wasn’t prepared for (though I should have been) were those individuals who innocently insist that there is absolutely no way that many topics considered conspiracy theories could possibly be true even when the very evidence of such ‘theories’ is staring them in the face. These individuals continue to believe that we live in some utopian society in which our governments suckle and spoon feed us until we’re content, yet all the while keeping a blindfold firmly plastered over our eyes as they hold their booted feet to our necks ensuring that our heads remain buried firmly in the sand. And most of us oblige by keeping our heads firmly planted below ground.

As for being fearful myself: of course I am, when I see that my children and grandchildren may not live to inherit this world which is even yet perched on the precarious brink of oblivion. In all honesty, who wouldn't be?

But should I merely sit back and meditate, ‘imagining’ a better world for my loved ones when action is required to save their lives? What would you do?
* * * * *

Is there any hope for mankind? Is there a light at the end of this darkest of tunnels? Keep following along with us as we continue to explore the jungle of conspiracy theories. You never know…there may just be hope for us yet!

For more information on this subject, check out David Icke's view of consiousness in this interview with Bill Ryan and Cary Cassidy of Project Camelot
Are you ready to ride the wave?

.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the positive energy you put in all you do, Kat. Your findings validate my beliefs or what I've come to know. Globally we are able to shift so much, why not all of us think very positive changing the energy now.... before it really is too late. Thanks again, you bring much light to what could be a very dark place. Blessings to you, always. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your thoughts, Karen. Love you much.

    Big Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete